Wheel / Brake Shop
The Wheel and Brake Shops at Airborne have extensive experience in the overhaul/repair of all series DC8 and DC9 wheels and brakes, as well as 767-200 series steel brakes, main wheel and 767-200/300 series nose wheels.
Wheel / Brake Shop Highlights
- DCM grinder with 20" diameter capacity.
- Two 3,000 PSI Skydrol test benches capable of testing 3 brakes at one time.
- Two pneumatic brake deliners/riveters to reduce delining/riveting time.
- Dust control vacuum filter system to reduce contamination during build-up.
- Repair and overhaul of DC9, DC8, and B767 steel brakes and wheels.
- Brakes built up to customer or OEM specification.