The Machine Shop at Airborne is a well-equipped precision machine shop that provides both repair and manufacturing capabilities. Our machinists have extensive experience in machining, and tool and die. Two MasterCam stations for CAD-CAM are available to perform reverse engineering from a dimensionally correct sample.
Machine Shop Highlights
- Komo CNC VMC 3-axis Milling Machine X=144", Y=21", Z=21" with 30 station tool changer.
- Femco CNC HBM 4-Axis Horizontal Milling Machine X=78", Y=67", Z=56" with 48" Rotary Table.
- Johnford CNC VMC 3-axis X=40", Y=20" Z=20.
- Fryer CNC Flat Bed Lathe 18" x 60" with 3.5" Spindle Bore.
- Rotary Blanchard Grinder with 18" Capacity.
- Surface Grinding up to 60".
- Manual Milling Machines, Lathes, Grinders, Heat-treat Ovens.
- Fixed and Portable Honing Capabilities.
- Prototyping of Parts with Minimal Setup or Fixturing.
- Low Volume or Manufacturing Production Runs.